- A Grief Observed, by C.S. Lewis, copyright 1961, Harper Collins, New York 1996.
- Handbook for Mortals: Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness, by Joanne Lynn, M.D. and Joan Harrold, M.D., Oxford University Press, New York 1999
- The Healer´s Art, by Eric J. Cassell, Oxford University Press, New York, 1985.
- The Nature of Suffering and the Goals of Medicine, by Eric J. Cassell, Oxford University Press, New York, 2004.
- Beyond The Innocence of Childhood: Helping Children and Adolescents with Life-Threatening Illness and Dying, by David W. Adams, MSW, CSW and Eleanor J Deveau, RN, BScN, Baywood Publishing Company, Inc. Amityville, New York 1995.
- Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy Third Edition; A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner, J William Worden, Springer Publishing Company, 2002.
- 35 Ways to Help a Grieving Child, by The Dougy Center for Grieving Children, copyright 1999.
- Straight Talk About Death for Teenagers: How to Cope with Losing Someone You Love, by Earl A. Grollman, Beacon Press, Boston, 1993
- Dying Well: Peace and Possibilities at the End of Life, by Ira Byock, M.D., Riverhead Books, New York, 1997.